Today we went down to Jo-ann's with a few other stops to look at RTW. We went to Jo-ann's first to survey what they had and to narrow down some choices. Based on what we saw in RTW, we'd go back after lunch and pick up the fabrics we needed at Jo-ann's.
My daughter ended up with three RTW knit tops. I would have had to order in this fabric and would have ended up paying more for the fabric than I did the tops, so I just bought them. She loves the colors and styles and it works for me.
As a side note, take a look at the finish of the neckline of the purple top. It was left as a raw edge and then stitched to a narrow piece of elastic while the elastic was stretched. When the elastic relaxes, it forms the gathers at the neckline.
For fabrics, we then decided on two skirts and two tops. We found another summer skirt in her closet, so we decided on just two more, rather than three. There's a paisely silky stuff for the tunic top from Burda, a white embroidered cotton for a white version of the Lisette top (which she'll need for warm weather choir performances, too), a green leaf batik print for the Simplicity 2224 skirt, and then a butterfly print for what was going to be the other Simplicity skirt with the flounces. We actually found an acceptable substitute pattern in a Patrones magazine that I have so I didn't bother to buy another pattern.
It was a pretty successful trip - she's getting everything she needs to fill in her wardrobe and she really likes all of it. We were able to edit and compromise on her list and I've ended up with less sewing to do. That's not a bad thing, considering we're having a busy summer!
Parting Shot: Ready To Play. Kiwi is ready to play with her mouse, now I just need to get her away from the dressform!