Patrones #265, Model #37
My son is growing out of many of his clothes, and to fill in one of the gaps in his wardrobe, I made him Patrones #265, model #37. As you can see from the photos below, this isn't a very complicated little shirt and it actually looks like most of the shirts he owns.
The fabric is an Italian shirting that I picked up at Fabric Fix some time ago. The piece was about 3 yards, but this shirt only took about a yard. The plaid is uneven, and was a fun challenge to line up properly. As I look at the photos, I realize I could have cut the back so that the back pleat would have been folded so that there would have a been a white square at center back or folded the pleat differently. As it is, the white square is there, but enclosed in the fold.
The sleeves have a tuck in them, which I used for making the hem. The bottom of the sleeve was brought to the fold line and the tuck stitched, enclosing the raw edge.
I carefully matched the pocket and added red buttons just for fun:
Overall, this was a quick little shirt to make, and my son really likes it. My husband was impressed and said it looked just like any RTW shirt we could buy for our son.
Parting Shot: Favorite Spot. Now that the weather is warm enough to actually open the windows, Kiwi has enjoyed sitting in the windows and watching all the activity outside.